Please note: this workshop will be held in English!
Frank Doorhof teaches a full day hands-on workshop on location with model and stylist Nadine Stephan. This workshop is all about styling on a budget and taking shots like a fashion photographer, but also about showing the surroundings without taking the attention off the model. Avantgarde on a budget is exactly what you’ll get.
Frank teaches you how light works. Because if you know what light does, you can meter, manipulate and steer it. Always and everywhere. This guarantees great pictures. This workshop is about model photography outside.
- How to find to best locations for a fashion shoot
- How to coach your model for that real “fashion magazine look”
- Shooting for commercial clients
- How to work with gels and smoke
- The best workflow on a location, outside your studio
- A lot of business and social media tips
We start with a short introduction and a Q & A, so you determine what topics Frank will cover. That being said, we won’t spend too much time inside and we’ll head outside to start shooting within an hour.
Our model is Nadine Stephan, she is an amazing stylist and she will make some outfits that look fabulous and don’t break the bank. Just with simple things you can spice up your shoot.
Frank shoots to a laptop or iPad so you can see the results immediately. You’ll get to shoot every scene too with Nadine. This way you can practice your photography skills. We guarantee portfolio pics!
There will be a 1h lunch break, so we can all grab a bite to eat and take a little break.
Register now for this once-in-a-lifetime, fun and educational experience with photographer Frank Doorhof and model/stylist Nadine Stephan.
The workshop includes the rights to publish your photos for non-commercial purposes, stating that it is taken during a workshop with Frank Doorhof and the name of the model is appreaciated.
- Suitable for: The workshop is designed for beginners as well as advanced photographers. However, a certain basic understanding of the interaction of ISO, aperture and shutter speed as well as handling your own camera is required.
- Meeting point: Youth Hostel, Room Zeche Walsum, ground floor, Lösorter Str. 133, 47137 Duisburg
Parking: Emscherstr. 71, 47137 Duisburg
- Please bring: Your own camera and lenses, fully-charged batteries and empty SD cards.
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- Minimum number of participants: 5
- Free trade show ticket: A free admission for one day to the Photo+Adventure trade show 2023 is already included in the workshop fee. Due to technical reasons it won’t show up in your shopping cart but you’ll receive it with the email that includes your print@home workshop ticket.
- If this course is already sold out by the time you’re intested in booking a ticket, please send us an email and we are more than happy to put your name down on a waiting list.
KelbyONE trainer Frank Doorhof is a well-known teacher in the photography business. He presented on many big shows and exhibitions around the world, like Photokina, The Photography Show and Photoshop World and many more. On social media, Frank publishes photography-related vlogs and videos with reviews, tips and tricks. His vlog “Behind the closed DOORs” shows behind the scenes of his workshops and the results. Find him on www.YouTube.com/frankdoorhof or check out https://frankdoorhof.smugmug.com/ for his portfolio.